Luchia provides both low-level and high-level access to CouchDB, using an object-oriented approach.
All of the basic operations are supported, including:
- CRUD operations on databases.
- CRUD operations on documents.
- CRUD operations on attachments (both inline and standalone).
- uuid generation (server side).
- Various utility functions.
Low-level access is provided by the core modules, while higher-level
access is provided by the database, document, and utilities modules.
The package also includes
luchia_get, a command-line script that can be
used to perform simple GET requests to the default server.
See luchia.conf for configuration details.
In general, avoid using the core classes directly unless an operation is
needed that isn't supported by the higher-level modules. Basic examples
are provided in the
examples directory, and more detailed
examples in the online documentation.